Welcome to my Blog!

Welcome to my Blog!
GHOST CLUB COMING SOON!

Tuesday 11 May 2010

On Destiny, Kangaroos and the Sound of Music...

I often wonder about destiny and the torturous turns and twists that led a half Spanish, half Brazilian girl half way round the world to Australia just so she could learn a new language and write about France, Germany, and Austria!

When I was only nine and my parents told me we were moving to Australia, I said, 'Oh great...it's really cold there!'

But my Dad shook his head, 'No! That's Austria...Australia's hot. The Kangaroos have to bounce around a lot so as not to burn their feet, and the people eat lamb at Christmas time.'

I wasn't at all impressed. I liked little lambs and I wanted to go to Austria, where it always snowed and everybody sang on mountain tops about the hills being alive with the sound of music!

No comments:

Post a Comment